Saturday, April 13, 2013

An April Morning

Flowers, a gift to make everything beautiful.  I love all flowers, the ones from the nurseries, slips for a friend or neighbor but the gifts of the early flowers which most call wild flowers remind me, flowers have been on this earth for a very long time.  I am off for my morning walk to see what I can find today, Come along with me!!!


The Lenten Rose grows on the creek bank, it is now starting to fade but will return with new vegetation in a few weeks.

The evergreen clematis, is a memorial plant for a family member who passed away, The beautiful simple flower comes with a light fragrance which is pleasing to the nose.












Jonquils and Daffodils




Lots of difference shades of whites and yellows.













Maybe the summer magnolia will not be bit by frost this spring.


Momma had a Judas tree which was planted between plum trees.  Every spring the white blooms of the plums and the color of the Judas tree as she called it made a lovely presentation.  Today, I know this tree as the redbud.


For a second I remember, just a few weeks ago this tree was white and covered with snow.  


It's off to the house to make breakfast, how about some scrambled duck egg with sausage and potato cakes?  That sounds good to me!!!  I hope you enjoyed our walk around the flower bed this morning.









No comments:

Post a Comment